My Macbook Won't turn On

Reaction score
Earlier today, in a moment of frustration, I did one of the dumber things I have ever done. Irrationally, I slammed my fist against my keyboard on my Macbook (which I think uses OS X 10.4). Afterwords, my mouse was not working and I could not get any programs to open. I turned my laptop off, hoping that it would work again upon being turned back on. Unfortunately, while my computer still makes the noise it usually makes upon being turned on, all that comes on is a white screen. My friend suggested that I had messed up the hard drive and would probably have to get a new one. Any ideas on how I might be able to salvage my computer, or if this is even possible? Any suggestions would be ever so greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
this is one of those moments when I can safely say, sometimes the question is the answer.... it could be any number of things usually, however, under the circumstances that have been mentioned, I would try booting form an external hard drive, or target disk mode from your friend's macbook if he has one. If you can successfully boot then, you pretty much know that your HD has bitten the dust, otherwise you have damaged the logic board.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Earlier today, in a moment of frustration, I did one of the dumber things I have ever done. Irrationally, I slammed my fist against my keyboard on my Macbook ....

Oh wow! I thought that sort of thing was confined to the PC world. I trust that it wasn't your Mac that had angered you so, but rather something someone sent you, or that you read online.

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.