iPhone won't Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So my phone, after not having been dropped or becoming wet or anything, decides to give me the "Need to plug it into a computer and restore" thing.

I've tried it on 3 computers and it keeps giving me error 28 and Apple's webite gives me nothing to really help me with it.

I'm taking it to the Apple store tomorrow to see what they can do, but the volume button on the side fell off and I'm afraid they'll say I dropped it and won't bother with it.

Ideas, help, suggestions? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
When you restore it, Did you try to put it into dfu mode? This usually helps.

OP
P
Reaction score
Well, that'd be a possibility, but it automatically sees that my iPhone is in recovery mode already. It won't let me access DFU mode unless you guys feel otherwise.

Reaction score
An iPhone doesn't fall "just" on the volume button.
If you dropped it, there should be more signs of damage.
Just don't let them beat you around the bush, be firm, but friendly... and if that fails, just break down into tears and beg....:Dlol (discard that last one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.