Quicktime problems

Reaction score
Hello,

Wonder if someone can help me, i'm having quicktime problems. I went on the apple (download) quicktime 7 download the software, once done downloading I follow the steps. But when I get to choose what destination I would like to download quicktime it always tells me that quicktime is already in my system.

This is the problem I cant seem to open quicktime as I cant find it nowhere in my system, but it says it somewhere! Can't even find it in the FIND.

Can someone help me please

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Applications -> Utilities -> QuickTime 7 Player.app.

Regards.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I tried and quicktime is not in my utilities. Weird saying thats its already in my system. I would call apple care , but my computer is more then a year old (1.5year) and cant buy it anymore.

Is there something else I can do?

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
T

If you installed Snow Leopard, then the QuickTime Player.app was installed, however, it is not QuickTime 7 but instead the 64 bit version of QT. The QuickTime 7 installation was optional when installing Snow Leopard. It's possible you missed it.

Just pop in your Snow Leopard disk and do a custom installation of QT 7 or download it from Apple here. Note: It will say for Leopard but that's OK.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.