Should I get an Ipod.. Which Type?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X Version 10.5.8 2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2Gb Ram 250Gb HD
I am strongly considering an Ipod and was wondering if I really need one I have $700 to spend..
I am considering..
Ipod Touch (8G) (16G) (32G)
Ipod Classic
Or.. Ipod Nano
I am going to use this Ipod too..
-Download and Listen too 500-5000 songs (2386 purchased in Itunes):D
-Take Pictures Possibly Video
-6-10 hours a day (Battery Life)
-Internet browsing would be nice but not necessary
I am not going to use this Ipod for/As
-Gaming*
-A phone lol I-Phone
-A weapon :)

Thanks I appreciate your comments.:D

T

todd51

Sounds to me like you would really want an iPod Touch. They don't make the 16GB version anymore so I would suggest that you get either the 32 or 64, unless you find a used 16. If your wanting video on there, and lots of it might as well go 64 with all that money to spend on one.

OP
Nik Nax
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sounds to me like you would really want an iPod Touch. They don't make the 16GB version anymore so I would suggest that you get either the 32 or 64, unless you find a used 16. If your wanting video on there, and lots of it might as well go 64 with all that money to spend on one.
Thanks man Except I don't need the Games and Apps.. How high can the memory get on a classic/Nano?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Looks like you're caught somewhere between an iPod touch and an iPod nano. The touch will offer you the internet browsing but the nano is going to provide you with the video recording (it can't take pictures).

The touch offers more space than the nano. However, even the nano's largest capacity of 16GB will provide you with enough space for 2,000 - 3,000 songs, depending on what format you have them encoded. But if you want space for close to all your 5,000 songs, then you'll need more space, and the touch provides just that with 32GB or 64GB. The extra capacity will also be useful if you ever decide to watch videos on it.

If taking videos isn't that big of a priority for you, then I'm thinking you will be most happy with the 32GB iPod touch. 64GB if you definitely want all of your music and a bunch of extra space for future expansion.

Heck, with a $700 budget, you could buy both! :p

T

todd51

Hmm..well if it were me I would get the Touch. Simply because of the bigger screen if your wanting to watch videos on it. Plus, you may not have any need for the games and apps, but trust me, you might get addicted to them once you try some of them out. especially if your near WiFi spots a lot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
The iPod Classic (current model) has 160Gb of space....apparantly up to 40,000 songs acorrding to Apple which I'd even have a hard time making a dent in the space of.....even my new Clasic 120gb....I'm only consuming a little under 8Gb of.....

OP
Nik Nax
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Looks like you're caught somewhere between an iPod touch and an iPod nano. The touch will offer you the internet browsing but the nano is going to provide you with the video recording (it can't take pictures).

The touch offers more space than the nano. However, even the nano's largest capacity of 16GB will provide you with enough space for 2,000 - 3,000 songs, depending on what format you have them encoded. But if you want space for close to all your 5,000 songs, then you'll need more space, and the touch provides just that with 32GB or 64GB. The extra capacity will also be useful if you ever decide to watch videos on it.

If taking videos isn't that big of a priority for you, then I'm thinking you will be most happy with the 32GB iPod touch. 64GB if you definitely want all of your music and a bunch of extra space for future expansion.

Heck, with a $700 budget, you could buy both! :p

Ok well thanks I think Ill pick up a 64G Ipod Touch tomorrow :D. Can't wait

OP
Nik Nax
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Got my new I-Pod :). Ipod-Touch 64G with a 4 year replacement warranty uploading my library now, thank for the help :)!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Glad to be of help :)

T

todd51

Got my new I-Pod :). Ipod-Touch 64G with a 4 year replacement warranty uploading my library now, thank for the help :)!

Congratulations! Trust me, just start browsing through the App store and check out some of the awesome Apps and Games available for download. As the commercials say, there is an App for just about anything you can think of. You'll be addicted to the little gadget before you even know it! :Smirk:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.