Macbook pro cant connect to wireless network

Reaction score
So about a couple of days ago, out of the blue my 15 inch macbook pro stopped connecting to my homes wireless network
i ran techtool deluxe and it said that my volume structure test had failed so i googled what to do and i came up across a couple threads saying to use the fsck -y command after booting up into single user mode
so i ran that twice and ran techtool again. this time everything passed however i am still unable to connect to the internet
but connecting via ethernet is working fine. airport is detecting my home network fine the only problem is whenever i input my password to join it, it fails
any help here would be greatly appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
So it's a password issue then?
You need to access your router and reset the password if so.

OP
Z
Reaction score
i actually already checked this by completely removing the encryption on my router just to test it and i was still unable to connect to the network.
every other computer though is working fine

Reaction score
I have the same problem. My airport doesn't recognize my wireless network (Billion router), but connection via ethernet cable is fine. After reading zillion help forums, the only other option is to crack open the macbook to check the airport card which I rather not do. What to do???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.