Macbook DVD Rom drive.

Reaction score
Okay so this idiot stuck two discs unknowingly in my dvd drive and now it's 'broke', does anyone have any clue how much it will cost to fix it? i'm in the los angeles area, a student, fairly broke but need it fixed, for no other reason than to install snow leopard...anyone have a guess? thanks! :\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
I assume you have managed to remove the discs?
Drive's aren't expensive these days, and not too hard to replace yourself, or you could pick up an external firewire drive for little money and use that instead, as you can install from there too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4
I'm not sure what putting two discs in a drive does. If you can still put discs in it, this is useless, but my disc drive somehow came out of alignment so the discs ejected into the side of the case, and all I needed to do was stick a flathead screwdriver in and reposition the drive.

And yes it does work, it was recommended by the guy at the Apple store.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.