Safari crashes constantly

Reaction score
Safari has been crashing for me every time I open it. It's mostly on sites like YouTube, which leads me to believe that it's a flash problem. When I open the page it just freezes up and the pinwheel just keeps spinning and spinning. I noticed these problems on my MacBook after I upgraded to Snow Leopard, and now they are arising again on my recently purchased Mac Pro (also running SL). I'm running latest version of SL, Safari, and Flash.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I am having the same issue with You Tube on Safari 4.0.3 but in 10.5.8 Leopard on an iMac G5. It's for sure the Flash plug in here as it only happens after a few videos on You Tube that for sure are using Flash.

Interesting enough, on my Intel Mini with 10.6.1 I have not had one crash on the same videos on You Tube.

Reaction score
Ok I have the same issue, apparently you identified the problem but what Needs to be done to fix it?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have a feeling since Flash is owned by Adobe that they will have to fix the issue with their version of Flash for OSX. Maybe the soon coming 10.6.2 update will have a flash update.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.