Ricoh SP C220n Snow Leopard Drivers?

Reaction score
Hello - I was a happy Ricoh SP C220n customers -- until Snow Leopard. Now, I can't manage to find any drivers for it.

I installed the recent update from Apple with Ricoh drivers, but it didn't seem to help. There is a Ricoh 220 in the list, but its not an "SP C220" and when I try to print with it, I get: /usr/libexec/cups/backend/usb failed

Anyone have success with this printer in Snow Leopard?

Thanks
-Andy

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do you have a CD or DVD that came with the printer? Possibly the same one you used to install the printer for Leopard? If you do, try using it again to install drivers in Snow Leopard. Sometimes that will force install the drivers and it will work, sometimes not. Give it a try.

Otherwise you're going to have to wait until Ricoh publishes updated drivers for Snow Leopard. Contact their support and ask.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13", Old G3 (very solid, but a little slow now)
Hi, I work as a Ricoh distributor in the UK. Unfortunately Ricoh have not launched a driver for the Ricoh SPC220n as yet. Im hoping it will be out by the end of the year. There was a notice on their site that they are reviewing part of their PS drivers generally, but I dont think this will affect the SPC220n.

When they do finally launch, you can get the driver by linking from our website at Ricoh SPC220n Colour Printer or by going directly to the Ricoh download page at http://www.ricoh-support.com/enduse.../bb/html/dr_ut_e/re/model/spc220/spc220en.htm

Hope this is of help.

Gareth

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13", Old G3 (very solid, but a little slow now)
Hi, great update time, Ricoh has now launched the Snow Leopard drivers for the Ricoh SPC220n and similar.

You can get them as mentioned before by linking from our website at Ricoh SPC220s Colour Photocopier/Printer/Scanner or by going directly to the Ricoh download page at refresh

Happy printing.

Gareth

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.