new macbook pro 15" display woes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
Call Apple and explain to them what you're experiencing. They will more than likely have you send it back to have the screen replaced if they can't pinpoint a hardware/software issue. Good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Yep if its only a week old the next call i make would be Apple as ImageX has mentioned. Then they can make the judgment. Mind you if needs to be sent away you could have no Mac for a cpl of weeks even if they do say a 7 day turn around.

Cheers

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If there is an Apple Store close I would take it in, or call like the others have suggested. Looks like the display panel is defective of the cable loose.

OP
N
Reaction score
thanks guys. i already have a task number, and hopefully will get to the apple guys tomorrow when they open. unfortunately there is no store around, so i have to send in the laptop. didnt expect from apple!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.