iweb 06 and easy iweb publisher

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Use this video to help you

Watch and learn:)

FireFTP Demonstration

Ignore the audio, nothing important there. Just watch.

OP
G
Reaction score
Watch and learn:)

FireFTP Demonstration

Ignore the audio, nothing important there. Just watch.

Hi Chris,

Sorry to take so long in getting bact to you, i've been trying to do as you've suggested through out the early hours over her. Then i notice on filezilla that it requires osx 10.5 or newer, i only have 10.4. Thats why this isn't going to work.

Any other ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, I am aware that Filezilla has that requirement but FireFTP does not. It will install as long as you are doing it from firefox. Use the link in post 21 to see a video demonstration.

Reaction score
Hi

Try deleting the 'http://' from the address you use to upload to.

I think this might be the problem.

Upload Web Site to: ftp."www.mydomainname.co.uk" [drop the quotes]

Cheers Mitcherooney

OP
G
Reaction score
Yes, I am aware that Filezilla has that requirement but FireFTP does not. It will install as long as you are doing it from firefox. Use the link in post 21 to see a video demonstration.

Hi Chris,

i understand now, thanks for the vid. Ive done it but it doesn't let me download it. In your vid you have another window come down saying about "add on" i dont get that window. I get the yellow banner saying cant download, than the page just stays there

i have to say i am so sorry about this! my experiment to try Macs hasn't gone all that well so far, whats even more annoying is that no one over here understands them, everyone uses Windows. Unfortunately i love the design and the way the mac operating systems work, they make more sense to me, but this is getting frustrating.

OP
G
Reaction score
Hi

Try deleting the 'http://' from the address you use to upload to.

I think this might be the problem.

Upload Web Site to: ftp."www.mydomainname.co.uk" [drop the quotes]

Cheers Mitcherooney

Hi Mitcherooney,

I have been changing and going through different configurations for a few days, looking at youtube etc. i've tried it with
ftp://www.mydomain.co.uk
ftp://mydomain.co.uk
//www.mydomain.co.uk
mydomain
www.mydomain.co.uk

and slight variations of the above, still no cigar!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Web Design software isn't great on any platform. Extra codes and all sorts of junk gets added. It just becomes a mess. HTML codes might work much better!

Reaction score
Have you tried dropping the '://' and replacing with a simple ftp.mydomain.co.uk (ie no www (I got that wrong in my last post - sorry.))

Mitcherooney

OP
G
Reaction score
Have you tried dropping the '://' and replacing with a simple ftp.mydomain.co.uk (ie no www (I got that wrong in my last post - sorry.))

Mitcherooney

Hi mitcherooney,

Thanks just tried it, no bean.

does host companies and domain names have activation periods?

I got them both early friday morning if that means anything

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As far as I know, usually there is no activation period.

OP
G
Reaction score
Hi Both,

I have just found out that i needed to change my server name where i registered my domain name, so my domain name wasn't pointing towards my web host!!!

It will take upto 48 hours to go through but i have just changed it so it might sort the problem. I will keep you both posted

Thanks again though guys, i have now got a big smile over my face as i like the new mac pro and Imac so i might get my own way after all now i know it wasn't my ability (altho minimal) with a mac...... yipeee

OP
G
Reaction score
Hi Both,

I have just found out that i needed to change my server name where i registered my domain name, so my domain name wasn't pointing towards my web host!!!

It will take upto 48 hours to go through but i have just changed it so it might sort the problem. I will keep you both posted

Thanks again though guys, i have now got a big smile over my face as i like the new mac pro and Imac so i might get my own way after all now i know it wasn't my ability (altho minimal) with a mac...... yipeee

Hi GUYS!!

ALL SORTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was the servers pointing in the wrong direct

thanks again guys

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.