Airport connectivity problems

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

The airport on my Macbook (currently running Leopard) isn't working... It will be on and connected to the Internet anywhere from 2 minutes to 10 or 15, but at some point it just shuts off -- no connection. I know it's not the router or house's internet connection because I can use my iPod Touch, and no one else has complained of the lack of Internet connection. Is there any way to fix this?

I try turning the airport off, then turning back on, but that doesn't help it identify any wireless connections. It's really weird and just started happening this past summer. Have you heard of this happening? If so, what did others do to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early "09 Macbook Alubody 13" / iPhone 3G 16GB Black
in "network preferences"
select "Airport" - the click advanced - click TCP/IP
set "configure IPv4" to "via DHCP"
make sure you don't use the one with manual IP.
next, click on "Reload DHCP Lease" (or something simulair to that) right next to IPv4 adress.
and close the windows saving the new settings.

Hope this works for you.
If not, there are a couple of other tricks.

cheers!

OP
K
Reaction score
in "network preferences"
select "Airport" - the click advanced - click TCP/IP
set "configure IPv4" to "via DHCP"
make sure you don't use the one with manual IP.
next, click on "Reload DHCP Lease" (or something simulair to that) right next to IPv4 adress.
and close the windows saving the new settings.

Hope this works for you.
If not, there are a couple of other tricks.

cheers!
Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, it didn't work. :-( Do you suggest I try something else? Thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
OK then try this - go into Network and set up a Location just for Home and use Automatic just for roaming (Starbucks). Make sure in home it shows the DNS numbers for your ISP under the DNS heading - if it does not then add them. You may need to add them under Airport and Ethernet if u use both from time to time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.