Sim card security

Reaction score
I am in the process of selling my old iPhone 3G on Ebay and was wondering if there is any harm in selling the original sim card with it? I am mostly concerned with any lingering personal information that may be retained on the card after restoring the phone to its original settings. Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
You should not include the sim card with the phone. It really isn't any use to the new buyer. They should have a SIM card already or they can get one from the ATT store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I have to disagree, The iPhone doesn't store any information on the sim card, unlike a lot of other phones there is no option to store text,mms or contacts on the sim.

The buyer can use the old sim card to unbrick the phone until they decide to activate or unlock.

Either way it doesn't matter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
bargsbeer is correct as well.

If you do decide to include the sim card just make sure it is deactivated before shipping out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.