Gimp.app or any made native apps not working

Reaction score
Hey all guys, I am having a trouble in my Mac, leopard 10.5.8. Ever since I updated to 10.5.8, my native made apps meaning X11 apps which were ported natively like Gimp are not working. The GimpPainter or Gimp.app bounces in the dock and stops like other apps but doesn't load, I don't see no window or loading signs like gimp.app is not working. Am I the only guy having this trouble, as i have searched about it in google. Please if you have any ideas please help me.

Reaction score
Many program ports rely on X11 to function, and due to the change in the way X11 works, those applications no longer work in Leopard, or if they do work they’re probably not usable.

Therefore a version of Gimp has been created that does work in Leo.

You can download an learn the how to's here

Post back with the results plz.

OP
S
Reaction score
thanks for the reply, I am not saying x11 gimp doesn't work. I am saying My NATIVE GImp doesn't work which used to work in 10.5.4. But eversince i upgraded to 10.5.8, the native is not working. And the link you provided for X11-gimp, that truly works as i have tried it. But what about the native gimp or GIMP Painter which used to work in 10.5.4

Reaction score
From what I've read on other sites, Gimp does not work or partially doesn't work.

What is known is that MacOSX Leopard came with a lot of changes.
One of the changes was to the Unix core of OS X.

Leopard is the first Mac OS to receive a full on Unix certification, and in order to do that Apple had to change a lot of the ways that Unix interacted with the OS.

That's why the problems you describe exist.

And if I may quote you:
Hey all guys, I am having a trouble in my Mac, leopard 10.5.8. Ever since I updated to 10.5.8, my native made apps meaning X11 apps which were ported natively like Gimp are not working. The GimpPainter or Gimp.app bounces in the dock and stops like other apps but doesn't load, I don't see no window or loading signs like gimp.app is not working. Am I the only guy having this trouble, as i have searched about it in google. Please if you have any ideas please help me.

In my opinion if an App bounces and doesn't open, it more or less doesn't work, does it.

If my directions to Aqua Gimp helped you, I'm glad... If you're asking me to solve you're problem with the native Gimp, I'm afraid that's a bit out of my league as well.

Good luck:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.