• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Lehman upgrades Apple to 'overweight'

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Source: MacMinute.com

Lehman upgrades Apple to 'overweight'
September 29, 2003 - 07:57 EDT Daniel Niles, an analyst with Lehman Bros., has upgraded Apple Computer to "overweight" from "equal weight," reports CBS MarketWatch. The reason for the upgrade was Apple's "solid" back-to-school demand, but Niles also believes the company is heading into a "significant" Power Mac upgrade cycle and expects some additional revenue from the iTunes Music Store.

My Comments: Well this is good to know..I wish I would have invested in Apple a year ago :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
i wish i could have invested in Apple before the return of Jobs and the first gen iMac

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I know what you mean.

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah no kidding!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
You know at the time when it was really low, I told my dad to invest in it, and he said he would, but never did. Even 2 years ago, I told him to, and I was going to invest in apple. I still have the quicken.com portfolio with the tally still up. I would have made a boat of money for what I was putting in it.

Ill try to get a screen shot of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Here is the one that was actual, that I wanted to do.

actual.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This one is what I did for a class assignment all those years ago in HS :) I gota A! and it also made me want to invest because I was good at it.. er..

big.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This one is nothing to do really with me, but I found it very cool. :) See how M$ has dove from increasing.

All this really means is apple is increasing faster than M$, hopefully leading to better machines.

(for some reason its really crapy at uploading Images, it just doesn't want to upload ill keep trying.)

tidbit.jpg

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
What product was released May of this year? Per your chart May was a turning point.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I really don't remember what was released.. though it was either, Final Cut Pro 4/Shake/emagic logic or.. a new Mac update (prolly emac) music is newer than that.. I really don't remeber, I guess we could do a search on the forums for one of schwebs posts around then.. :) and find out.

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMinute said:
Apple stock jumps on news of strong music sales
May 5 - 16:17 EDT** Shares of Apple rose more than 11 percent Monday, gaining US$1.64 to $16.09 each on the Nasdaq Stock Market. The stock apparently jumped on today's news that Apple's new iTunes Music Store sold more than one million songs during its first week. It was the stock's best close in six months ($16.35 on November 21).

So there you go.. that's the reason right there :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.