Folder View Options

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have recently bought a new MBP 13", and I set my folder view options within a new finder window.

However, when I view the contents of a different folder, the preferences go back to default.

Is there a way of changing this one, so that all the folders, icons etc follow the same theme and are all the same size, text size etc?

Also, in finder I can only have 3 folders on each row, can I increase this to say 4 or 5?

Thanks in advance,

Craig.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
From the Finder, open the 'Show View Options' menu selection (or hit Command+J). At the bottom you will see a button named 'Use as Defaults'. Set your selections again and click this button. This will make your options 'stick' for all Finder windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Just to mention another aspect, what that won't do is standardize the size or position of finder windows. That might be an OS9 thing, for all I know. I skipped X to 10.4 and went straight to Leopard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.