PowerMac G4 booting but not showing.

Oiz

Reaction score
I was recently given an PowerMac G4, everything is in and it is in working order apart from when I boot the PowerMac it doesn't show up on my VGA LCD screen. I'm not sure if it’s the PowerMac or the screen. And another question, if the PowerMac doesn't have an operating system would it show on the screen?

Reaction score
If the Powermac was lacking an OS, it would display a question mark on the screen on startup.

I'd try a monitor of which you are sure it works.

OP
O

Oiz

Reaction score
The monitor seems to work fine with a Window's computer. But I have no idea what's going on with the Mac. Also the inside of the PowerMac G4 is slightly dirty, should I clean the video card? Or what?

Can anyone help?

Reaction score
Your video card might be the issue, although I don't think that merely cleaning is going to solve it.

Theres no harm in trying, as long as you don't throw it in a bucket of water;D
Try blowing it with a can of compressed air, if you happen to have one.
Did you check the monitor with the same cable?

OP
O

Oiz

Reaction score
No luck, yes I did try the monitor with the same cable and it worked perfectly with Window's. I have no idea what is going on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.