Constant Hard Boots

Reaction score
OK I hope someone can help me with this and while I looked to see if it was already asked and answered I could not find. I have been using grease monkey, which is a script reader, I guess, in order to stream tv shows and movies from the internet off of this site using FireFox...and since then every once in awhile, and it only happens while I am watching something...a line will go down my screen darkening it and then a error messages comes up. It says in 3 other languages that I need to reboot my computer and basically to do a hard boot. Normally I will restart it and it will boot back up fine but once I got the file and blinking question mark. I didnt know what it was from, I do now, and I did another hard boot and got it again, I got nervous but luckily the 3rd time it booted back up and has been working fine, accept from when it locks up and tells me I need to do a hard boot. My concern is, is this causing damage to my computer? doing all of these hard boots and perhaps someone knows why this is happening? I have a macbook pro using mac os x 10.5.8

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If the only time you see a kernel panic is when using Greasemonkey, I'd recommend you quit using it until the developer gets it fixed. You might want to let the developer know what's happening, what version OS and version of FF you're using.

OP
D
Reaction score
I am using mac os x 10.5.8 and firefox...the latest version I always keep it updated....my question was though....what type of damage would this be causing my hard drive when I do hard boots?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.