Spilled 3 tablespoons of water on macbook. Now it will power on, but not boot up.

Reaction score
So I accidently spilled a small amount of water on my macbook... slightly salted water, if it is relevant... And it turned off immediately. I took the battery out, unplugged it, and put it upside down so it could drain. A couple minutes later, I took it apart, and dried the internal parts as well as I could. The water came all the way down to the battery. The battery still works, and when I try to power it on, the screen flashes, I can hear the CD drive just like its about to boot up, but nothing. And the sleep light comes on and stays on. Any ideas of what I could check, or if this might be saveable? Thanks so much

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X Version 10.5.8 2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2Gb Ram 250Gb HD
Where did you spill the water, internally or externally?
How long did you let it sit and dry?

OP
D
Reaction score
It spilled on the keyboard and on the screen, but it instantly seeped all the way down to the battery, which was wet, but still works. I figured such a small amount of water would be gone in a couple hours. It is still drying now, and it has been about 7 hours.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Put it somewhere warm with as much of it open as possible, to hopefully dry out via evaporation.
I refer to an older post of mine...

Water + Macbook = Expense!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.