Is it just me or is boot up/shut down taking longer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4gb DDR3 unibody, iPhone 3G 16gb, iPod Touch 16gb
Hey guys, i bought a MBP 15' last two months ago form apple. when i bought it i installed snow leopard and boot up was fast and shut down was even faster. But my friend (who also bought a MBP 13') thinks its taking longer to boot/ shut down. This being my FIRST MBP im not sure if its me or is it actually taking longer. cause its still pretty fast boot up and shut down. i just wanna see if anyone else experiencing this?

Reaction score
I don't really take notice of boot up and shutdown timings, because a Mac already boots up really quickly as compared to all the other computers that I've ever owned. With that said, I have a feeling that your friend's Macbook Pro is just choked with a lot of stuff, which is making it shutdown and boot up slower than usual. Maintenance of your computer is very, very important!

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4gb DDR3 unibody, iPhone 3G 16gb, iPod Touch 16gb
well both our MBPs were bought with in days of each others...and i dont have that much on my MBP but i think it was taking a bit longer (yeah of course still faster than any computer i seen) but the fact i noticed then he pointed it out on his MBP too, made me think maybe it is long...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
Often its due to third party preference panes, suggest to him that if he disables any he may have to open at login, then try to enable again one at a time
This worked for me until I had isolated the offending pref. pane, then I looked for an update for Snow Leopard for it;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.