MacBook 10.5 major issues

Reaction score
Hi there everyone,

So recently alot of my internet applications have stopped working. I use airport. My internet is connected to my computer and I know this because both firefox and video games such as warcraft 3 work using internet connection and my network preferences says that I have an IP and full bars. So the internet applications that don't work are safari, itunes store, my sophos updates, my software update (I am missing like 6 months worth of updates), etc. When I try to use the internet with these applications it will just say to check my internet connection or that I am not connected to the internet. I thought maybe it was a virus even though I have not known anyone I know that has a mac to ever have had a virus yet. So I went out and bought norton anti-virus and it scanned my computer and found zero viruses. So my question is, does anyone know what is wrong with my computer or how on earth I can fix it? I don't know how to wipe the harddrive so if that's what needs to be done please instruct me to a page that shows me how or just tell me. Also my macbook is about 4 years old and the version, I believe, is 10.5.6? Sorry, I'm not on my macbook right now so I'm not exactly sure as to the current version but it should be around there. Thanks in advance for any help you guys offer!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2005 G4 Mini & 2014 Mini & 2020 M1 Mini
What have you done so far; turn off and restart computer etc? What os version/ Have you tried simply turning off airport and turning it on again? We need more info.

OP
R
Reaction score
What have you done so far; turn off and restart computer etc? What os version/ Have you tried simply turning off airport and turning it on again? We need more info.

Uhm... This has been an ongoing problem for like 5 months or something (Hence, why I said I haven't had a software update in so long). So yes, I have tried restarting it, etc. I already said what os version it was, didn't I? 10.5.6? I'll confirm that version later. Yes, I have tried multiple times turning the airport on and off and I have tried to use the internet in different locations and have gotten it to work with firefox and video games. However, not with EVERYTHING else >_<. Could it be spyware or anything like that? Or is my computer just dying? I have dropped it before. Though it did not show any direct or instant change in functioning from dropping it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.