Flash-like drawing program for mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 500 dual
Hello.

I need a drawing program similar to Flash, with the ability to draw freehand, and to trace my handmade sketches.
The thing about Flash, as opposed to eg. Illustrator, is that Flash have a much more "art-like" feeling to it, where you can draw freehand with different brushes. Illustrator has a much more tecnical drawing-feel to it.
I use a Wacom tablet, and therefore I need the "hand-feel", if you know what I mean.
I've looked around, but simply cant find a program with the drawing abilities of Flash; but Flash is SO expensive, and I don't need all the animation-stuff.
As I said, I need to be able to import .jpg-files, and I need to be able to trace them "in hand", not by pentool.

Can anybody help, please?

Sorry for the broken english :)

Best Regards
Nikolaj, Denmark

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Corel Painter says Hi. If I wanted to draw something that looks hand done...I would never use Flash or Illustrator to do it. Those two specifically deal with vector graphics which is based on math. Gee I wonder why it doesn't look hand done. >_>"

If you want something to look hand done and has an arty feel to it, there is nothing like the real thing. Painter would be the closes thing to actually painting or drawing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I have not used it but if its free you want then see if Inkscape can meet your needs

Inkscape. Draw Freely.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.