iTunes CD loading slow since Snow Leopard Upgrade

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel MacBookPro 15" Lion OS. iPad2, iPhone 4S, + 13" MacBook + eMac + G4, fanboy since 1985
since I upgraded to Snow Leopard whenever I open iTunes and try to load up a CD (for adding to library) I get the spinning beach ball for around 1 minute before iTunes finally loads / accepts the CD ready for adding to the library. Loading the CD first (iTunes not running) causes the iTunes icon to bounce in the dock but not open for about 2 mins ......... any ideas? :(
prior to the SL update all ran well :Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 15in, 2.66ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GPU, 320gb HDD
There have been a lot of complaints with iTunes and Snow Leopard lately =/

Have you ever synced a non apple device with iTunes on that computer? Snow Leopard as we know has removed the ability to sync non apple devices, and if you have done so previously they could still be in the definition. You can reset your iSync database by finding and deleting:
~/Library/Application Support/SyncServices

Also, if you're running multiple sync applications such as iCal end them.

Another possibility is a plugin issue. Try booting up in safe mode -- "safe boot" -- without plugins and load itunes. If it loads fine it could possibly be a recent plugin you've downloaded.

Hopefully one of these solutions solves your issue!
Good luck!!

OP
karlos2000
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel MacBookPro 15" Lion OS. iPad2, iPhone 4S, + 13" MacBook + eMac + G4, fanboy since 1985
hhhmmmmmm

Have you ever synced a non apple device with iTunes on that computer?

nope, I have an iPod touch only

Also, if you're running multiple sync applications such as iCal end them.
Nope, just iTunes

Another possibility is a plugin issue. Try booting up in safe mode -- "safe boot" -- without plugins and load itunes. If it loads fine it could possibly be a recent plugin you've downloaded.

Nope, I have no recent downloads or plug ins, I'm a stripped down user, I use my Mac for the basics > my iPod sync, iPhoto for image manipulation and web surfing only. :|

Can I revert back to the previous OS easily??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.