Connecting iMac with Snow Leopard to PC with Windows Vista

Reaction score
Can I get some help please? I have just bought an iMac and I have hard wire connected it to my router, My windows vista PC is also connected to the router. Both machines have internet access via the router and that works fine. I have a brother mfc-290c connected to the iMac via USB but I can't print to it from the PC. the iMac doesn't show the PC or network in Finder. The PC can see the iMac but I cant connect - it asks for a user name and password. I have turned on every printer sharing and file sharing thing I can find but it won't work. Am I just a PC convert who can't drive a Mac yet and there's a blatantly obvious solution?!! Thanks. Dave

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You might want to go here and browse through the info they have. Great site. There are also other sites which have info and even diagrams on how to setup your Mac\PC network.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.