iMac/Projector calibration issue

Reaction score
Hi y'all, new to this forum, have a big problem!!!!!

am a professional photographer, and have a calibrated Mac Pro with 30" display for retouching, works great.

Use an iMac 24" with a Viewsonic 1080p Projector for presentations, when I plug the projector into the iMac, the color goes to crap on the iMac screen... (I went to the System Prefs, and looked at and played with monitor profiles for the computer and projector, and the projector's color looks fine, but the monitor's color terrible, waaaaaaay to orange, waaaayyy to cyan.... and awful...

weird thing, I can have a photo up on the computer/projector... color on the computer looks awful... and unplug the projector from the computer, and the image's color all of a sudden looks great....

how can I make having the projector plugged in NOT affect the computer's profile?

(I even calibrated the computer with a SpyderPro3, and it still looks terrible until the projector is unplugged from the computer)

thanks in advance for any help!

Reaction score
Sounds to me like there's more of an issue with you're projector, or the cable(connector) than the iMac.
What kind of cable are you using, if I may?

If you're not sure the cable is good, try another one if you happen to have one.

Post back;D

Reaction score
I've had the same thing happen to me once, one pin wasn't straight when I plugged the connector, and it touched the other pin.

It effectively killed my graphics card too.
I would certainly look into that.

OP
B
Reaction score
hmmm, ok, I'll try resetting the plug again, I don't think it's ruined anything, cause when I unplug the projector, the computer's color looks great...

this thing is just kicking my &^%@% LOL

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.