magic mouse trouble and fix

Reaction score
;D

Just got home and setup magic mouse no joy as scroll feature and window to select options not to be had!

the cure you must go to software updates and get a download that fixes this issue then your mouse will work as advertised.

I did this 10 minutes ago with apple support he said it just came out 15 minutes ago.

hope this helps someone here too. have a nice day ,mystified

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.53, 4gigs RAM, 250hd
i got mine today, and had the same problem.

Then i read the manual where it said to do this, and now it works.
Though, posting the fix in here is a good idea since there are a lot of peeps who don't read the book first, and go to the forums.

OP
M
Reaction score
Attimus

I did go to software up date before even enabling bluetooth and all I got was an i tune update and then did it again after that said no up dates at this time? so I wonder if one has to have the mouse as I did paired to the mac first and then look for updates for it, what do you think? mystified

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.53, 4gigs RAM, 250hd
^^ I think you are right. Having the mouse paired before finding the update seems logical.

Reaction score
Magic Mouse using bootcamp and windows xp

New magic mouse works very well with the Mac OSX software, but when will apple release windows software for it that will allow it to work the same when booting into windows using bootcamp? At present I am using two different mice, one for Mac and one for Windows XP.

Reaction score
had my magic mouse for 3 - 4 weeks all good until today, it wont do the two finger swipe. can anyone help.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
had my magic mouse for 3 - 4 weeks all good until today, it wont do the two finger swipe. can anyone help.

Did you install the software and check the box in the Mouse system preference?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.