Unable to reinstall Adobe Reader 9.1

Reaction score
I recently upgraded to Adobe Reader version 9.2. I use a drm software on my machine from Oracle that is not compatible with 9.2. I need to roll back to 9.1

I went into my applications folder and deleted Adobe Reader 9.2. searched for all recently updated Adobe foldered and deleted those as well. I emptied my trash can and restarted machine.

Whenever I try to install Adobe Reader 9.1 I get an error message that says "Cannot install Adobe 9 to this disk. A new version of this software already exists on the disk" or something to that affect and it will not let me install 9.1.

Any suggestions or hidden files I should look for on my Mac? I really need 9.1 to view my drm material.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Download utility such as AppTrtap or AppDelete, install 9.2 again and drag to trash,. These utilities remove all files, preferences, extensions etc and you should then be able to download and install version 9.1.

AppTrap

AppDelete - More Info - Version 3.0

OP
T
Reaction score
yeah... i've tried that and i'm still getting the same error :(

Thanks for the help though. Any more ideas??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
If I remember correctly I had this problem once and solved it in the following way. (I could be wrong but its worth a try.)

Check the folder /yourharddrivename/Library/Receipts and delete any package that says adobe reader or something to that effect. You can safely delete these packages as they are there for the installer to check if you have the version of software your trying to install already installed and, In your case keep you from installing a older version of the software.
There is another Receipts folder in /yourharddrivename/yourusername/Library/Receipts Do the same there.

Hope this works, if not, I'm out of ideas… :\

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.