"Save as PDF" doesnt work after SL upgrade

Reaction score
Hello I've done a clean install of Snow Leopard and restored my system from Time Machine.
Now the print option "Save as PDF" doesnt work. It doesnt give an error, just nothing happens when I click the button.

In the Apple support forum, they told me to remove com.apple.print.custompresets.forprinter.XXX...XX
file. Already done that but the problem persists.

I've also created a new user and tried to do that from that sesion, but it has same problem (I've repaired permissions too).

Any ideas?

Reaction score
What software are you referring to?

Acro9, AcroPro9, Powerpoint....or other?

OP
H
Reaction score
I'm referring to the MacOs built-in option in the print menu...on every program that supports printing

Reaction score
Okay...that's weird.
I was kinda hoping that wouldn't be the case.
I'll go search some more for you, and post back...

Reaction score
This is what I came up with on the Adobe Forum:

"You cannot save form data without having a specially enabled pdf file. Adobe doesn't seem to allow you to get around this restriction by saving via the Apple Pdf print mechanism"

This leads me to believe that if you have Acrobat or PP or anything installed, there's something wrong with that particular installment.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.