Old Laserwriter II printer troubles

Reaction score
Hi, after the townwide garage sale, my neighbor gave me his Apple Laserwriter II printer. He didn't have a power cord or manual. Man this thing is HEAVY! I think it's a IIg because it has an old style ethernet, PC serial, SCSI and apple serial cable ports.

I got it to power up and was ableto hook it up via serial cable to Dayna ethernet adapter, but when I try to print to it, I get a printer temperature error?!? The paper and squiggly line icons flash red. When I power it up the circle icon flash green, stablizes and then I get the flashing red lights.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
There is a site that sells all the part for o;lf laser printers. It also tell what the eror messages mean. Unfortunately, I lost the name of the site in question. You might want to search using the of the printer and repair. That may pop up that site. I will try that a little later.

I have an old Apple laser writer NT, I have been thinking about fixing.

But I think that you will, find that it is cheaper to buy a newer printer than fix the old one.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
There are others just search for "repair laserwriter".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.