iPhoto database = GONE, Entourage mails and settings = GONE, happyness = GONE

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17", 2.8 GHz, 4 GB, 500GB, anti-glare
Ok, so out of the blue this morning, when I opened iPhoto, it can't find the database. I searched the internet and found lots of users with a similar problem. They all seem to be able to locate their database though and have usually just messed up the database through finder.

My problem is that in my pictures folder, there is not iPhoto database - everything is gone. I have even searched for "iphoto" on the computer and there is nothing.

I have tried repairing the disk access options (don't know the english word) through the disk utility, but it doesn't help.

Apple support couldn't help at all.

Now I try to start up Entourage, but it acts like it is the first time I ever open Entourage. There are no mails, no settings, nothing!

Please - does anybody know what I could do to recover any of this? The entourage problem is not that bad, since it was through an exchange server so the mails are hopefully still there, but it is still extremely annoying.

I have switched about a month ago and I have been happy so far, but I have never experienced problems like this on my PC.

I mean, everything is just gone! No trace, no nothing :(

Please, oh please, help!

Oh, and by the way... I have not been messing about in the file system through finder, so everything SHOULD be ok.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Did you rename your home folder by chance?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nope, it's the same name.

I am BTW running OSX 10.6.1 with all the newest updates.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I still have all my documents and the pictures that I thankfully had not yet loaded into iPhoto.

I only have one user on the machine and I have not changed the name of the home folder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.