Slow Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 in MacBook Air, 4 Gb RAM
I have a fairly new (within the past 6 months) 13 inch Macbook Pro and before that I had a blackbook. The Pro gets the spinning beachball quite often and it just goes slow sometimes even though I have 4 gigs of RAM and even when I'm only running a couple of apps. I never had this problem with the less powerful blackbook. Anyone know what is going on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
have you repaired your permissions lately with disk utility?

did you upgrade to Snow Leopard?

OP
U
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, I just repaired my permissions the other day and I upgraded, not a clean install, to Snow Leopard a week or so after it came out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
there is always a debate about upgrading versus fresh install and i always choose fresh install. there is a "chance" that an upgrade will cause a problem and so i dont take that risk.

i have read about problems like this after upgrading and i would bet you that if you did a clean/fresh install your problems would go away.

let us know and good luck

OP
U
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That has been the plan for a while but I need Microsoft Office and I just moved from Guam to Turkey so all my stuff is in shipment. So whenever that shows up I will do the fresh install. hopefully it works, thanks for the advice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.