PC and Mac KVM switches

F

filburt1

• I have a desktop PC (which supports USB) and a G4 cube.
  • My keyboard is PS/2 only and supports functionality through extra buttons lining the top (a Microsoft Natural Multimedia Keyboard).
  • My mouse is both PS/2 and USB, depending on whether I use the included USB to PS/2 adapter. It also has extra functions such as a tilt wheel and thumb buttons, and it's wireless and can be monitored through Windows.
  • I have a monitor with just a VGA connection.
  • I want to preserve all the extra functionality my keyboard and mouse offers.
  • I don't care about switching audio because I use digital audio on the PC and don't have any USB speakers or an amplifier for the Cube (required as the Cube doesn't have any built-in audio).
  • I run at a relatively high resolution (1600 x 1200, 32-bit color at 72 Hz) and can't stand the ghosting or poor image quality that a lot of KVMs give at that resolution. I'm unwilling to lower the resolution too as I've gotten so used to the larger work area.
What KVM switch would work for me to use the same keyboard/mouse between the two systems? I have already searched the forums and gotten a general idea.

A particular KVM switch from Newegg seems to fit: plug in both a PS/2 mouse and keyboard (what I have) and a monitor and it connects via USB to the two systems. I'm just thinking that the switch either won't handle my high resolution or it'll break the functionality of my keyboard and mouse.

Thanks for any help...sorry for the overly detailed post.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
Scroatdog said:
LOL.

PWNED

what are you digging up old threads for. apparently he either didnt click the link i provided or he found the link after he posted his reply. quit digging up old threads to post useless information in.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.