Any Recommendations ?

Reaction score
Someone is getting me a macbook ...

It will be my first time ever owning an apple computer. I am a writer. Plus I do like to do video blogs sometimes and take photo's. I am really into creative things.

Also ; from what I read and hear the iSight camera is good ?

Do you have any recommendations for a hard shell case that stays on all the time or should I just let it go naked ? How about which duplex printer do you use ?

I am very excited about getting a macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
If you are usually mobile when writing, and you feel that the environment your MacBook is in will damage it or harm it, you can check out this thread about MacBook cases/sleeves. Do you know if this is a 13", white or unibody MacBook? Or a 13", 15", or 17" MacBook Pro?

The iSight is very good, helpful for taking profile pictures, or having fun with your friends messing with the different effects and such. Can capture video as well, so you can video blog. iPhoto is a great software (already installed on your Mac) for photos and such, and organizes them all for you.

Never used a duplex printer, but I do use a HP Photosmart 2575 All-In-One printer and works well with my MacBook. You will have to install divers for use of the scanner, but you can just plug&play with this one, at least I could.

You will enjoy your MacBook, I guarantee it :)

OP
S
Reaction score
Ah thank you very much. It is a 13" white unibody macbook.

I can't wait to try out iMovie. HP rocks I might get one.

Again thank you for responding. I decided I will just get a case to use for when I am not going to be using it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.