Keep my 13 inch uni or trade for 15 inch 2008 MBP

Reaction score
I have a chance to trade my 13 inch unibody MBP for a 15.4 inch 2008 (not uni) with these specs...

Snow Leopard. 2.4ghz 4GB ram and 256 Invidia graphics card and 200GB hard drive. Includes MS Office and CS3. No dents or deads pixels. System works perfectly. Will include Call of Duty 4 for Mac as well. I still have the original box, disks and extra cable (DVI) as well as all the power cable goodies.

What do you all think... should I do it? or should I say is it worth it?...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro. 2.26Ghz, 4GB, 500GB HD
I wouldn't... Just because of the battery life. One of the perks of our new MBPs is the battery life, which you would lose most of in that trade. Plus, our screens are far superior to the old ones..

just my opinions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
the 08's screens were the first of the high efficiency ones that ended up in the 09's iirc... which would mean.. battery life would be different, but you'd have the ability to use an express card.

OP
M
Reaction score
pardon my ignorance, but what would an express card do for me? he did say that it has the LED backlit screen like the new ones and that is was one of the last before the unibody.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
well, it simply allows an external interface to be rapidly installed (like eSATA, wireless cards, card readers, etc) not a huge deal if you're not doing high I/O operations to external hard drives etc really..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.