Problems printing from Powerbook to XP

Reaction score
I have it all setup and my mac is communicating with the printer. The problem is that it prints:

%!PS-Adobe-3.0 %RBINumCopies: 1 %%Pages (atend) %APL_DSCEncoding: UTF8 %%Title: (

After it prints that it then starts to run pages throw the printer with out putting anything on it. It will continue to do this until I delete the job on the printer itself. My Mac is a 17" Powerbook G4 running OSX 10.4.11, my PC is running Windows XP SP2 and I am trying to print to a HP Deskjet 5600 series. I have installed the printer on my mac and it works just fine when hooked up via USB, when I assign it to print VIA Windows Samba I get this problem.

OP
T
Reaction score
Finally I got it working, for some reason when I added the printer it was defaulting to a generic printer even after I selected the one I wanted to use. I ended up using a different printer driver, same manufacturer, but now it is printing using GIMP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.