firefox problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.2gHz g4, 12 inch, 60 gig, 768RAM, bluetooth, ATI radeon 9200, macally bluetooth mouse, JBL speaker
hi. i put firefox on when i got my ibook and it worked awesome. but now it seems to crash a lot. im not sure why either. i have System Optimizer X 4.6.2. i run it(permissions, maintanance scripts, updates prebindings, cleans cache) but doesnt seem to help. so im out of ideas. any help?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
It might be a extension that might be causing the problem, because I always was having problems with Firefox on my iBook. But when I reinstall Firefox with any extension, I havn't really gotten any crashes lately.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.2gHz g4, 12 inch, 60 gig, 768RAM, bluetooth, ATI radeon 9200, macally bluetooth mouse, JBL speaker
iWhat said:
It might be a extension that might be causing the problem, because I always was having problems with Firefox on my iBook. But when I reinstall Firefox with any extension, I havn't really gotten any crashes lately.

i do have 3 extensions on mine: weather, stocks and Homeland security spoof. so u think i should just throw it all in the trash and reinstall it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Or at least uninstall the extensions and see if that makes it more stable.. if so then install one of the extensions and use firefox for awhile and if it seems stable then install the next extension.. until you find the extension that is causing the problem.

I have also had times where I had to force quit firefox and then it completely screwed up firefox, crashing all the time, etc and I just reinstalled from a backup and everything was great again.

So if the uninstall of extensions does not fix it.. then you probably do not need to reinstall firefox just dump your ~/Library/Application Support/firefox folder

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.