iTunes can't read my iPod Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod touch 1st gen 8GB
When connecting to my machine, I get the message 'iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPod...click Restore...'

I have important notes that weren't backed up I need to recover before I restore.
I could understand if the Touch itself wasn't working but it seems fine.

I've tried restarting and 'Reset All Settings' and it still won't read.

[Update]
I've made sure all the services are running. If I reinstall iTunes, do I need to backup my apps and music beforehand or will they be left alone?

Is there an app, even a trial version, that will read my notes? I've tried several trial apps to recover but they only read my music.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I may not understand but if the device is working fine why not just open the notes and copy them down. ? I really don't mean to make light of your problem... But ?

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod touch 1st gen 8GB
I may not understand but if the device is working fine why not just open the notes and copy them down. ? I really don't mean to make light of your problem... But ?

Obviously I've thought of that. I have MANY long notes and an app that could grab them for me would be better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did you obviously think about sending them to your email ?

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod touch 1st gen 8GB
Did you obviously think about sending them to your email ?

You have an answer for everything, don't you? That was a real tough one. Is that what the little envelope icon is for? lol

Not a good option for over 75 notes.

In case you overlooked my question, I asked if there's an app for this...
If you can't answer the question, don't post.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You know for a guy looking for help your not very plesant. I have attempted to give you two ways to accomplish your task. I am sorry if my methods are not up to your standards. But being a helpfull guy I took the 4 seconds to google this for you ! Don't bother thanking me it's thanks enough that you continue to allow me to help.

itouch notes to computer - Google Search

clay

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Play nice please. No need for snarky remarks.

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod touch 1st gen 8GB
You know for a guy looking for help your not very plesant. I have attempted to give you two ways to accomplish your task. I am sorry if my methods are not up to your standards. But being a helpfull guy I took the 4 seconds to google this for you ! Don't bother thanking me it's thanks enough that you continue to allow me to help.

itouch notes to computer - Google Search

clay

I tried google for over an hour before I posted...
If you bothered looking into the first 10 or so of your googles, you'd have noticed they don't solve my problem. Some posts from other forums say there's no way to do this. It's suggested to START by putting your notes into contacts but that doesn't help me since I already have notes in, well...notes.

I don't want to jailbreak.

The only apps I've found advertised are proprietary and won't access native notes AFAIK. Copy and Paste isn't an option since I'm on v2 software and can't upgrade to v3 midstream.

For someone "trying" to help...you are belittling.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
And we're done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.