10.3.9 is terrible

B

Bighead

So i installed the upgrade, and now several programs just dont run anymore. I cant open limewire, it just bounces on the dock a few times and disappears, and matlab does exactly the same. What gives?

How do I remove the 10.3.9 upgrade?

OP
D

Desolate One

mynameis said:
repair permissions... I had similar problems.

As you should with any major update/grade or program installation. Just to be on the safe side.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
MacFixIt said:
MacFixIt reader Ian writes: "After installing Mac OS X 10.3.9, I was unable to launch MATLAB v.14 or Maple 9.5, which are both common mathematical applications that I use for my studies. But after following your advice ("The far simpler, and equally effective (in most cases) workaround involves re-applying Security Update 2005-002, which made several significant changes to critical Mac OS X Java components."), I was back up and running."

MacFixIt reader Wiz writes: "Re-applying Security Update 2005-002 has fixed the problem with LiveUpdate. It now runs correctly. No other problems that I can find with Norton AntiVirus at this time."

Per the above, you may want to re-install the Security Update 2005-002.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
yea i thought it sucked as well until i restarted

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
A good idea it is to always repair permissions after any and all software updates. This idea might make a good sticky BTW

Reaction score
witeshark said:
A good idea it is to always repair permissions after any and all software updates. This idea might make a good sticky BTW

Yeah a sticky would be nice. I haven't been a mac user long but I have learned that repairing permissions is always the place to start when something is acting a little funny in OS X.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.