cutting off music in iMove

Reaction score
Hey all

im running iMovie HD and have a project that i just finished. but the music fades out at the end but isnt at the end of the song. So i still have like 5 minutes of song after it fades out and thats extends the video playtime. I cant figure out a way to get rid of teh end peice. The picture i included shows where it should be cut off. I want where the time slider thing is(the line with the trianlge at the top of if that u can slide around - dont know the name for it) to become the end of the movie.

Thanks to all

Edit: my bad on the thread title...

Picture 1.jpg

M

macaudiodj

I have had the same problem the only way to cut a soundtrack is to open it up in some sort of sound editor such as GarageBand or Soundtrack. If you are really starting to get into video editing, i would suggest Final Cut Express HD, it even comes with a audio editor(soundtrack) and it is very well integrated into Final Cut Expresss HD.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Move your play head to where you want to split the audio. Select the audio you wish to split. Go to the edit pull down menu and select Split Selected Audio Clip at Playhead.

OP
shaun89
Reaction score
Thanks rman, that part worked. But now where the music used to be, its just blank space with nothing and shows up at the end of my "movie" as blank space. How do i delete blank space now ?

It looks like this right now: (picture attatched)

Picture 1.jpg

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
The only way you are going to delete the space is to delete video in that area and move everything to the left. It looks to me that one of your channels is empty (mono). You may want to copy the upper channel and lay it in the lower channel.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.