can't install mac os x tiger on powerbook g4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4
hi,
long story short i needed to reinstall mac os x tiger on my g4 powerbook but the disc is scratched and won't install. i've just got leopard and am really not looking to spend any more money on tiger to get leopard. so i guess i was wondering if anyone knew if getting a torrent for it would be a bad idea, and also how to transfer it from another computer to mine... or if there was any really cheap places to get it.
thanks in advance

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
so i guess i was wondering if anyone knew if getting a torrent for it would be a bad idea, and also how to transfer it from another computer to mine...
Yes...what you said is a bad idea!

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
It seems as though the OP is under the impression that in order to install Leopard, a fully functioning Tiger is required. From all the "torrent" of information lately, I don't think that's ever been the case with an OSX upgrade.

Just do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
Backup all your User account including the user library first include any apps, dmgs and fonts you want to reinstall.
Put in the Leopard disc and follow instructions.
Reinstall your stuff from backup if you didn't do a simple upgrade or archive & install..
PS.
The leopard disks need to be the black retail ones not the grey disks that are only for the Mac they came with.
S.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.