problems ejecting cd from the drive

Reaction score
Hi,

I cannot eject a cd from the superdrive. I have tried the mouse button and all sort of techniques. I have found in the system profile that it seems that my superdrive is "unmounted" from the system. It says "this systems does not contain any ATA drive installed it"

Any help would be appreciated since I have the leopard CD in it!!!

Reaction score
Hi,

I cannot eject a cd from the superdrive. I have tried the mouse button and all sort of techniques. I have found in the system profile that it seems that my superdrive is "unmounted" from the system. It says "this systems does not contain any ATA drive installed it"

Any help would be appreciated since I have the leopard CD in it!!!

It may be a good idea to tell the exact model and year of your Imac as there may be a paper clip eject method...someone may be able to help you. Otherwise youll have to take the drive out.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks, it is an 2008 alluminum IMAC. Now I have two problems, to start the computer I have to press the CMD + OPT + P + R before the sound. Then it works perfectly, but the superdrive is not being recognized by the system. I must get out that cd in order to reinstall leopard and fix these problems.

any help?

Reaction score
From what I've been reading in this forum or maybe it was the manual (I've read so much in the last couple days I forget the source), you should be able to eject the cd by holding down the mouse button when you restart, it works on my G5. Be patient it's not imediate.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
Go to Disk Utility and click on the CD/DVD and hit eject. I had to do this this morning with my White iMac and tried all the obvious things, other than a restart.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.