2 Questions...

Reaction score
1.) I purchased the 2.53 GHz, 250 GB MBP a couple of months ago. I kept debating back and forth if whether it was worth the extra $500 for the 2.66 320 GB. I'm fairly happy with my decision so far, but I keep thinking about what could have been. I don't do anything hardcore, just general things like web browsing, microsoft office stuff, itunes, streaming shows, etc. Did I make the most logical purchase for my needs???

2.) My iStat pro every so often will report my CPU temp reads around 180 degrees F, and 2800+ rpm with moderate use (DVD player, safari, itunes, word, etc. open). It's not common that this happens, but every so often it does, and it is definitely pretty warm to the touch. With my old HP laptop, I wouldn't be concerned if I felt this amount of heat on it, but my MBP is just usually so cool and quiet it's very obvious when it starts heating up. Some friends tell me it's nothing to worry about, but I just want to make sure since it was such a big investment!

Thanks so much for your help!!

PaHs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
.13 mhz is going to be relatively unnoticeable, especially for your needs by the sound of it. As for HD, who cares until you fill the 250, then buy a larger 500gb (or more) and swap it out yourself. It's simple with youtube vids and tools.

Reaction score
So it's reaching 82 degrees Celsius. What you should do is make sure the vents are totally clear and you should blow some air into the back to get rid of dust. Also I use "Fan Control" and I have it set so if it reaches 65 Celsius the fans go into high gear, this has helped keep it cool.
Most likely it's just a random false reading though, if your macbook was in real trouble it would shutdown from overheating.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.