Snow Leopard Server on Macbook 2007 ?

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm a recent Mac convert and am in the process of moving some of my own linux and windows systems (I'm a Web and desktop developer) to Apple ones.

I only have 2 macbooks at the moment (late 2007) to test with. I bought Parallels and tried to install OS X Server 10.6 but it always fails.

So I tried to install on it on one of the MacBooks directly but after the language selection screen it says "cannot be installed on this computer".

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I might try next? Apart from buying a new system!

I'd love to prove that I CAN live on Apple systems and without Windows but I'm not going to spend a fortune on hardware to discover that I can't!

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
Do you have 2GB of RAM? According to the requirements, you need at least two gigs of RAM and an Intel processor, and this page says the Late 2007 model could come with only 1GB.

Aside from that, are you sure you need the server install? I don't know what you're using it for, but you might not need it. If you're planning on testing Web applications, the regular OS X install has Apache, MySQL, and PHP by default, and they're very easy to configure. If that's the kind of functionality you need, perhaps the regular desktop version will do.

OP
A
Reaction score
Yup

yes I have 4GB in both of them.

I really need to evaluate whether I can convince my clients to move from windows small business servers - or at least run apple server for print / file sharing and with Exchange in VM environment

Reaction score
hi
i'd like to install leopard server on a macbook (late 2007) used as desktop because lcd has non supported a drink of lemon Schweppes soda.
I meet the same problem.
Is there a solution?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Reaction score
Why do i want to install Mac Os Server on a macbook?

hi,
i understand the question.
First of all, i want to do a home server and then i want to test Mac Os Server functionalities (for ex. wiki, podcasting...) on a config before eventually buying a mac mini server. It's always cool to learn...
If you have an idea to install leopard server on macbook, i know it's possible, thx for sharing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.