Snow Leopard,going back to Leopard!

C

chas_m

I have no idea -- seriously, NO IDEA -- what the people in the early part of this thread are talking about. Bought SL on day one, installed it on day one, NO ISSUES WHATSOEVER since day one.

I have to date assisted well over 300 clients in moving to Snow Leopard. NO ISSUES AT ALL.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
They're just cranky :D

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have no idea -- seriously, NO IDEA -- what the people in the early part of this thread are talking about. Bought SL on day one, installed it on day one, NO ISSUES WHATSOEVER since day one.

I have to date assisted well over 300 clients in moving to Snow Leopard. NO ISSUES AT ALL.

Ditto here on my end. Not one issue.

Only real issues I have heard about that are valid issues were with some 3rd party apps that were not SL compatible. Those have long since been updated.

Reaction score
Same here, not issues. However, I did a clean install and not an upgrade to the previous OS. I wonder if the upgrade is what is causing some heartache?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
OS X Vista? Wow, someone's a drama queen. The minor annoyances you have faced as a result of upgrading within the first 2 revisions of an OS are things that require power users to find and report. Stop acting like Apple made you skin your knee and you want your old OS back. It's called progress.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
I need to resurrect this post.
Since upgrading to 10.6.2 I've been having problems accessing my Time Machine backup disk (Freecom Firewire Pro), in that as soon as my mac goes to sleep so does my drive. Now it won't recognise this drive at all, so cannot access my backup.

Coupled with my Finder thumbnail issues (posted here a few days ago), I need to get back to a proper working OS asap without risk to my data.

So is there anyway to get back to 10.5 without a clean install?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.