Imac & The Portal Nightmare

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac OSX Monteray 12.5
Hi all,

Well my frustration knows no bounds. I have written on this before but to date no one seems to have any ideas, still I am trying again.

The minute I upgraded to Snow Leopard, my iMac (new as of March '09) decided that it no longer wanted to play with my employer's portal. I have spent eons of time on the phone with Apple Care, and they were able to narrow it down to something within my account, (It works under a guest account.) but have been unable to tell me how to fix it. I cannot just keep logging off and logging on under a separate account every time I need to get into the portal and I am beside myself with frustration. I get as far as the loading of the java applet and then all **** brakes loose. Or... should I say **** freezes over as that is exactly what the portal does. Java loading message - nothing happening. I do not know if it has anything to do with some conflict with Photoshop which has it's own Java script, but why would it only happen now, when I have been using the portal and Photoshop in conjunction ever since buying my new iMac with Leopard? True - if I keep them both running at the same time Photoshop will close on me, but at least I could get into the portal, even if Photoshop was open.

I am beyond desperate to get this sorted out. I HAVE to get into the portal for my job, and my job entails using Photoshop (assuming that is the problem - who knows.)

Strange that the folk at Apple Care don't know how to fix this. Even had one tech give me his email address as he was quite puzzled himself, and wanted to research it, but then I never heard another word. Guess he could not figure it out either? I have spoken to the IT people at my system, and it is not a problem on their side apparently. We ruled that out by my being able to access the portal under the "guest" account. Likewise Adobe and Photoshop.

One strange thing I have noticed. If I turn the computer off, and then on, it will allow me to get into the portal once, and then the next time I try (within the same time frame) it says - uh uh.. not this time or ever again buddy!

OH HELP SOMEONE PLEASE. It would be a miracle if I could get this fixed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.