My Ipod Nano Is Dead

Reaction score
Its all dead, is not getting charged, not even showing in iTunes nor computer! I searched it on google allot about it, but mostly answers says.. Do restart it by holding centre key and play key together for long time. Can any one believe that i hold those 2 keys for even 25/30 minutes. My fingers got tired but my ipod nano is still dead. Don't know what to do? M very tensed and worried about it? Please anyone give solution of my problem?? :'(

Reaction score
Its all dead, is not getting charged, not even showing in iTunes nor computer! I searched it on google allot about it, but mostly answers says.. Do restart it by holding centre key and play key together for long time. Can any one believe that i hold those 2 keys for even 25/30 minutes. My fingers got tired but my ipod nano is still dead. Don't know what to do? M very tensed and worried about it? Please anyone give solution of my problem?? :'(

What generation nano is it?

Has the battery been showing signs of dying recently?

I've got a 4-year old 1st gen nano with the original battery. I hope it lives forever but I don't expect it will.

I feel your pain.

OP
R
Reaction score
What generation nano is it?

Has the battery been showing signs of dying recently?

I've got a 4-year old 1st gen nano with the original battery. I hope it lives forever but I don't expect it will.

I feel your pain.

Actually i attached it with my car's speakers. I didn't did any setting or something like that. When i disconnect it from there, its dead after that and never came back!! I don't know about 1st gen and all. Tell me how to tell u??

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Actually i attached it with my car's speakers. I didn't did any setting or something like that. When i disconnect it from there, its dead after that and never came back!! I don't know about 1st gen and all, what is written at the back of it. That i am sending it to u.. Its Model number is A1236 EMC No. 2174, its of 4gb & its serial number is ABC123XYZ890.

Removed the serial number from your post. I would suggest not posting serial numbers for any of your equipment on any public web site.

This website is not affiliated with Apple. Even if it were, don't post serial numbers in public areas.

OP
R
Reaction score
Removed the serial number from your post. I would suggest not posting serial numbers for any of your equipment on any public web site.

This website is not affiliated with Apple. Even if it were, don't post serial numbers in public areas.

Sorry for that, i didn't knew that.. I removed that and hope its not showing now on the post! So tell me, what's the solution for my ipod nano! what should i do? is there anything which can make it alive again...

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
No need for apology, not adding serial numbers is for your security, not ours.

See the troubleshooting steps here - provides info on how to reset and has links for further steps if the reset is not working.

OP
R
Reaction score
I have never noticed this step - On recent iPod models, when the battery is completely empty, your computer may not recognize your iPod for upto 30 minutes even though it's connected and charging., so today i am going to try this one and then let u know. u gave a ray of hope.. thanks

OP
R
Reaction score
I have never noticed this step - On recent iPod models, when the battery is completely empty, your computer may not recognize your iPod for upto 30 minutes even though it's connected and charging., so today i am going to try this one and then let u know. u gave a ray of hope.. thanks

No, nothing happened! I attached my ipod nano with computer more than half an hour, as it was suggested.. but it didn't got start. tell me what to do :'(

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you've gone through all the troubleshooting steps one at a time and nothing works, would indicate to me it's probably dead.

I'd either call Apple, find a 3rd party repair center or buy a new one.

Reaction score
No, nothing happened! I attached my ipod nano with computer more than half an hour, as it was suggested.. but it didn't got start. tell me what to do :'(

When you connect it to your computer does the nano screen give any indication of being connected or of being charged? Mine shows a flashing circle/slash symbol with the words: "Do not disconnect."

OP
R
Reaction score
When you connect it to your computer does the nano screen give any indication of being connected or of being charged? Mine shows a flashing circle/slash symbol with the words: "Do not disconnect."

Its just blank, nothing appears on the screen. Its totally black out on the display. I mean it appears like when an iPod is OFF :(

OP
R
Reaction score
If you've gone through all the troubleshooting steps one at a time and nothing works, would indicate to me it's probably dead.

I'd either call Apple, find a 3rd party repair center or buy a new one.

Not any other way to switch it ON :'( Is everything over!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.