64 Bit Mac OSX Leopord

Reaction score
Hey there,

I recently saw online that you can set up your MacBook OS in 64 Bit. I'm in university and use Photoshop and a animation program called Maya and having a 64bit OS would be wonderful.

I came across this site

Macintosh Performance Guide: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard: Booting the 64-bit Kernel

which explained how to go about setting up 64Bit. For some reason my MacBook will not start up in 64 bit. I have held down "6" and "4" at the start up screen and changed my settings about but still it wont. I've checked using the Terminal (like it says in the link) and it does say that 64 bit in compatible with my laptop. Here are my sepcs

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook3,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB31.008E.B02
SMC Version (system): 1.24f2
Serial Number (system): W87470EF0NE
Hardware UUID: E6D60319-C2E0-5213-8521-787C70763278
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

If someone could help me out, or even just say that my laptop doesn't support 64 bit, I would be very happy

Thank you

PM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Hey there,

I recently saw online that you can set up your MacBook OS in 64 Bit. I'm in university and use Photoshop and a animation program called Maya and having a 64bit OS would be no different.
Fixed that for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.