How To Slim Down My Obese iMac?

Reaction score
My iMac Had Become VERY obese over the last few weeks, i would like to know if anyone has an free app the clear out all the junk off it and how i can get her back to her prime?

like how to get rid of all the little bits of deleted apps, cookies (you get the rough idea) all of the rubbish Gone...

:D thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
like how to get rid of all the little bits of deleted apps, cookies (you get the rough idea) all of the rubbish Gone...

:D thanks!
A decades' worth of old cookies and preferences files wouldn't add up to more than a few dozen megabytes.

If your disk is full, it's most likely videos, applications, or programs. Either turn on folder-size calculation in the Finder, or use a program like DiskInventoryX to find out what's using that space.

OP
C
Reaction score
hmmm half the HD is half full but that never effected it before... any ideas seems to becoming more and more sluggish of late

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Run maintenance scripts as it sounds like you have been missing the daily, weekly and monthly scripts? A utility such as MainMenu or Onyx will help enormously. Also do you ever go into Disk utility and un Repair Permissions?

MainMenu (Mac) - Download

Titanium Software

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.