Magic Mouse and Windows Boot Camp

Reaction score
I have heard that the magic mouse turns into a regular two button mouse when in windows boot camp. If this is true then are you still able to scroll? I am thinking of buying it and was wondering if this is true so that I reconsider it.

Reaction score
That's probably true, so does the mighty mouse... at least mine does.
The scrolling part... I don't know, that's probably gonna need a new bootcamp driver update.

But bear in mind... it does not handle like a standard MS mouse.
When I run Windows, I just switch mice.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
From what I understand, the specialized drivers that would be needed to have it operate at full functionality have yet to be written. With that said, it should work perfectly in a VM if you use Windows with Fusion/Parallels.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.53, 4gigs RAM, 250hd
i'm concerned about the button 3 on the magic mouse.

I do a lot of CAD and 3d renderings in my VMware win7. I really NEED a the 3rd button. I'm going to get the magic mouse to try it out, if it doesn't work for me on my windows side, i'm going to return it.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I can pretty much guarantee you that it won't. The third button would almost certainly need a specialized driver.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.