Macbook or Windows Laptop?

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a Acer Aspire 5590, it has 2.5gb RAM and a ATI X1250 video card. I'm thinking of getting a macbook, lets say I get a macbook with a intel video card, it's such a downgrade from my windows computer, but my question is will a macbook with a intel video card handle photoshop like my laptop can? Because for my understanding of windows photoshop and media programs require a good video card and 1-2GB of RAM. Do macs handle these applications much better?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I wouldn't say that it handles them better. The work flow and the layout is different which makes it easier to work with.

Only problem is that you need to install Windows on the Mac to use your existing software, or buy the Mac version.

The MBs video card seems better than the one on your Windows Notebook.

OP
B
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that it handles them better. The work flow and the layout is different which makes it easier to work with.

Only problem is that you need to install Windows on the Mac to use your existing software, or buy the Mac version.

The MBs video card seems better than the one on your Windows Notebook.

Sorry, I ment to say my card is 1650, oh and MB means nothing for cards, a x1650 is better then any intel card, intel cards suck. I'm only asking because its mac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.