Help with Lightscribe

D

Deserttoad

I have a new LaCie d2 with lightscribe.

After many nights of fighting the idvd burning, I've finally got that part to work.

So I flip the disk over and try to burn a label. No Good.

I keep getting errors saying communication error.

I'm running 10.3.8 on a G4 with 768 megs ram and OWC 1.5gz processor upgrade.

I also have about 55gig of empty hard drive space.

I'm going crazy!!!!! Help!!!!!

The disk I'm trying to burn a label on came with the drive, and they say you can burn over an old disc. Since mine only gets burned for the inside inch, I just keep trying the same disc.

thx,

DT

OP
C

code777

Did you resolve this? I talked to a guy i met at the apple store who just got one and he was telling me his is getting a lot of errors when burning the label on DVD. He was able to do one and he claimed it took 30-40 mins to print. I wanted to get one but am unsure now. My brother wants to buy my LaCie DVD burner but...

OP
K

Kokopelli

I have done about a dozen (CDs) without issue or error. I takes about 30 min per disk but it works quite well. I have not tried anything really graphics intensive though.

OP
D

Deserttoad

Thanks for some replies. It seemed only about 3/4 or the label was getting burned. And when I tried to burn the audio cd, it went about 3/4 or the way and quit. Acts like the arm of the laser isn't going far enough.

Called LaCie and they have already shipped me out a new one - hope it works.

DT

OP
C

code777

please keep us updated. as i would like to get one but not just yet... that guy i talked to was angry because he was wasting expensive DVD-Rs that he ordered. He said he was going to exchange the unit for the standard LaCie DVD burner.

OP
D

Deserttoad

Update: I received the replacement drive superquick (thanks, LaCie). But then I had the exact same problems, spent over an hour on the phone with tech support person (thanks again), and after downloading and installing and reinstalling all the drivers the solution was to install the drivers from the included toast disk (nothing anywhere says the drivers are on this cd), apparently the drivers on the LaCie website were bad somehow.

So now I'm up and running, and the labels are very cool!

DT

OP
C

code777

hmmm, i bet this is what is wrong with my friend's, i'll let him know asap - thanks for posting!!

OP
C

code777

ack, he already returned it, oh well. he did say he did what you did and it still did not work. but i guess we'll never know now...

OP
D

Deserttoad

Will be interesting to see what happens next, I'll bet he still has the same problems like I did.

Keep us posted.

DT

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.